Position Details: Senior Loan Officer
The Loan Officer is responsible for establishing and creating lasting quality relationships with customers seeking a mortgage and is ultimately the main point of contact between customers and other staff. This position will complete the loan origination process with their customers, including processing applications, presenting loan disclosures, collecting essential documents, reviewing files for underwriting, and guaranteeing all submissions are complete prior to submission. If you are a LICENSED, experienced loan officer, who is PEOPLE-focused with great attention to DETAIL, apply today!
Loan Officer Job Duties:
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
- Improves loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements.
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
- Approves loans by issuing checks or forwarding applications to loan committee.
- Completes loan contracts by explaining provisions to applicant; obtaining signatures and notarizations; collecting fees.
- Helps customers by answering questions; responding to requests.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping loan information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes bank mission by completing related results as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of experience in Mortgage lending or related field.
- Active NMLS License in state applying for. Candidates who are unlicensed will not be considered for this position.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.