Position Details: Area Manager, Retail Mortgage Sales
The Area Manager is responsible primarily for managing business operations and individual branches and managers within their assigned area. This position oversees the retail mortgage production, management reporting, and projections for their assigned area by establishing and achieving sales and budget goals through targeted efforts to increase overall production and profitability.
If you are an experienced Area or Branch Manager with a strong drive to GROW, SELL and drive PROFITS, with the ability to MOTIVATE people, apply today!
Area Manager Job Duties:
- Actively ensures compliance with all applicable laws, policies and procedures related to mortgage lending, and participates in any required training.
- Supervises, recruits, interviews, hires, and manages staff, including pro-active efforts to retain employees and maintain company culture.
- Addresses non-performance issues timely while establishing appropriate performance improvement measures.
- Provides sales training, and individual and team coaching.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of Company products, policies, and procedures.
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with other business lines.
- Actively participates in local and state mortgage banking, Realtor, and builder trade associations, and maintains a thorough understanding of mortgage industry knowledge and current issues.
- Provides leadership to the mortgage team around impacting a positive customer experience.
- Able to run their own Cost Center from within the area and be very experienced running a Profit-and-Loss centric model (“P & L”).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least eight years of loan origination experience in Mortgage lending or related field, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience successfully managing a branch P&L.
- At least five years of supervisory experience.
- Thorough understanding of the loan origination process and compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred active NMLS license.