Position Details: Administrative Assistant (Retail Mortgage)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a variety of duties that support branch functionality and lending. This position is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support in the area of mortgage loan lending, including pulling and checking customer credit, income, and financial/asset documents. The Administrative Assistant must understand how to build and structure a loan, as well as identify red flags. The Administrative Assistant assists in gathering and verifying accuracy of documents received and underwriting processing, and prepares other documentation to complete loan files. They must also be able to communicate to the process and work directly with borrowers and realtors in a way that maintains and promotes healthy partnerships.
If you are an Administrative Assistant with experience in the mortgage industry, and are a DETAIL-ORIENTED individual, with a love for working with people, apply today!
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Prepare and type loan applications, closing documents, legal documents, letters, forms, government notices, and checks, using computers.
- Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- Submit loan applications with recommendation for underwriting approval.
- Contact borrower and other sources in order to check obtain items for borrower’s file.
- Check value of customer collateral to be held as loan security.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum1 year of mortgage or banking industry experience supporting a branch or loan officer.
- NMLS Safe Act License or ability to obtain by hire date*
- General knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, GNMA and USDA guidelines
- Prior LOS system experience or other mortgage processing software a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines under minimal supervision
- Available to work varying hours and overtime as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, dependable and self-motivated.